Child AbuseProven Success In & Out of Court
Knoxville Child Abuse Attorney
Defending Against Child Abuse Allegations in Tennessee
At the Law Office of Joseph A. Fanduzz, we understand the importance of safeguarding the rights and well-being of children. We provide compassionate and comprehensive legal representation to clients facing child abuse allegations in Knoxville. If you or someone you know is dealing with a child abuse case, you need an experienced Knoxville child abuse attorney who will stand by your side and protect your rights during the legal process.
What is Considered Child Abuse?
In Tennessee, child abuse is defined as any act or failure to act that leads to imminent risk or serious harm to a child's health, safety, or welfare. This can often include physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect.
- Physical abuse: The intentional infliction of physical harm on a child, such as hitting, slapping, or shaking.
- Emotional abuse: Includes demeanors that can cause severe emotional distress to a child, such as constant belittling, humiliation, or isolation.
- Sexual abuse: Involves any inappropriate sexual activity with a child.
- Neglect: Refers to a failure to provide for a child's basic needs, including food, shelter, medical care, and supervision.
What are the Penalties for Child Abuse in Tennessee?
Child abuse allegations in Tennessee are taken very seriously, and the penalties for a child abuse conviction can be very severe. The specific penalties will depend on the nature and severity of the abuse and the criminal history of the accused. Penalties may include:
- Mandatory counseling
- Even the termination of parental rights
Defenses Against Child Abuse Charges
If you're facing child abuse charges, having a skilled Knoxville child abuse attorney from the Law Office of Joseph A. Fanduzz who can build a strong defense tailored to your specific case is crucial. Possible defenses against child abuse charges may include:
- False Accusations: Sometimes, false accusations are made out of misunderstandings, revenge, or other ulterior motives. An experienced attorney can investigate the allegations' specific circumstances to uncover any inconsistencies or motives behind the accusations.
- Lack of Evidence: The burden of proof often rests with the prosecution. If there is insufficient evidence to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt, your attorney can work to weaken the case against you.
- Violation of Rights: If law enforcement or other authorities violated your constitutional rights during the investigation or arrest, it may be possible to have evidence suppressed or charges dismissed.
- Parental Discipline: Certain actions that may be considered abusive by some standards could be deemed as reasonable parental discipline under certain circumstances. Your attorney can claim that your actions were within the bounds of acceptable discipline.
Contact Our Child Abuse Lawyer in Knoxville Today
At the Law Office of Joseph A. Fanduzz, we understand the emotional and legal challenges that arise in child abuse cases. Our legal team is committed to providing you with the guidance and support you need during this difficult time. As experienced Knoxville child abuse lawyers, we will vigorously advocate for your rights and work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. If you or a loved one is facing child abuse allegations, don't hesitate to reach out to us, we can provide you with a clear understanding of your legal options moving forward.
Contact the Law Office of Joseph A. Fanduzz today to get started with out Knoxville child abuse attorney.
1st Degree Murder Reduced 51 Years to 3-6 Years
Aggravated Rape Reduced Charge
DUI & Simple Possession Charges Dropped
Bank Wire Fraud Reduced to Probation
Felony Charges Case Dismissed